Answer the following questions in *70 words minimum for EACH* and include a reference in each answer. The answer can be typed right under the question, and references listed below.
After you have read the case study for Joseph Grey Wolf, imagine that you are a counselor advising him.
- In his situation, are his perceptions and expectations realistic or jut a sign of immaturity?
- What would you say to him about his situation? Why?
- What would you NOT say to him about his situation? Why?
Be sure to support your comments with evidence of research, such as citations.
Today, large scale immigration into the countries and cultures of the so-called “rich world” including the USA, Canada and Western Europe is causing great stress, There are many migrants with cultural identity issues similar to Joseph Grey Wolf. There is now also great concern and growing opposition to large scale immigration of different ethnic groups from the poorer nations and cultures, especially those from collectivist cultures with different values. Ethnic and cultural differences in attitudes and behaviors can often lead to misunderstanding and conflict.
Answer the following questions. Be specific and support your statements with citations from the readings or other reputable research as necessary.
- Why are people in the western world (North America and Western Europe) and Japan so concerned about the influx of immigrants from different cultures? What differences in cultural perceptions and practices might cause friction and conflict? Why?
- What, in your opinion, are the three most specific concerns, and are these concerns legitimate and reasonable? Why or why not?
- What, if anything can or should be done about these concerns?