You need to write a 500+ word analysis of some aspect of one of the international films assigned during this module. In doing so, you should demonstrate an understanding of one of the following course competencies.
- Illustrate how film and society have influenced each other.
- Validate the potency of film as an aid in discovering, transforming and instilling values in individuals and a culture.
- Explain the importance of cultural diversity in a global community through films.
In your analysis, you may focus on a theme, the film, or a scene in the film. You will need to incorporate research to support the points you make about culture.
You should post your comments in the discussion board.
Because individuals will be writing about the same films, you will not be able to see your colleague’s contributions to the discussion until you have submitted your own posting.
After you have made your posting, you should post a comment that builds on what one of your colleagues contributed.
In addition to watching this short film, you should also watch one of the following feature length films.
- La passion de Jeanne d’Arc / The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
- Francesco, giullare di Dio / The Flowers of St. Francis(1950)
- Nattvardsgästerna / Winter Light (1963)
- Erleuchtung Garantiert / Enlightenment Guaranteed (1999)
- Die Geschichte vom weinenden Kamel / The Story of the Weeping Camel (2003)
- Der ewige Jude / The Eternal Jew (1940) [This is an extremely anti-semitic Nazi propaganda film. It can be worth watching to learn more about the effects of propaganda that dehumanizes individuals or to study the misuse of history to justify contemporary issues, but the content is very offensive.]