In preparation for this assignment watch the video â€œA Class Dividedâ€ located at: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/class-divided/ (Links to an external site.).
Prepare a 750-1,000-word paper in which you address the following:
- What stage of Piagetâ€™s development are the children in this video in? Give some evidence (other than the childrenâ€™s age) to support that children are functioning in this stage. Is this a good way to teach children in this age group? Why or why not?
- How do you see self-fulfilling prophecy and learned helplessness portrayed in this video?
- How was the self-esteem of the children effected by participating in this study? Why do you think the childrenâ€™s test scores rose after participating in this experiment?
- Give an example of how operant conditioning, classical conditioning and social observational learning were shown in this video. Be specific in your discussion. For the discussion of classical conditioning, please write out the process.
- How can you use Piagetâ€™s theory and Kohlbergâ€™s theory to explain the different reactions of the adults and children during this study?
- Which theory (theories) of personality can help us understand the behavior of the students in this video? Support your answer with a strong discussion of that theory.
Note: Your paper should follow APA format and include a title page and a reference page.