Directions: You will need to find a website related to your research topic. I’m NOT looking for journal articles found electronically, but for articles that are originally made for the internet.
Please answer each question completely!
Ex.: “What makes this page authoritative?” The lead researcher, Dr. Jones, has been working in pediatric medicine for over 20 years, and has written repeatedly about Asperger’s Syndrome.
Write the citation for your selected page in APA format. If you need examples for the format, check out https://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/website/ or https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/a….
1. How current is this page with regards to your research topic? What information helps you confirm that it is not out of date?
2. What are two key claims, or points of information, that the author is making? How are they relevant to your topic?
3. Who is making these claims? Is it an individual, several people, or a group? What level of expertise do they have to support their claims?
4. Cross check the claims of the original source with two other reliable sources.
a. What two other sources did you use? How did you find them?
b. What evidence from these sources support the claimsof the original source? What gives those authors credibility?
c. What evidence can you find to refute these claims? What gives those authors credibility?
5. Why was this page created? Does the author have ademonstrable motivation, and what evidence do you have to support your decision?