Module 1 – Case
Introduction to Marketing, Consumer, and Product
Research: Understanding The Marketing Environment
To correctly identify opportunities and threats to their product, Marketing Managers need to understand the marketing environment in which the products operate.
Using the industry of the product/service you chose in your Discussion assignment, complete the following:
- Using articles predominately from the Trident Online Library’s full-text databases (such as Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central), conduct secondary research on the industry in which your chosen product/service operates.
- From your research and what you have learned in the readings, identify 3 marketing environmental factors that will impact this type of product/service. Describe and explain the chosen marketing factors and discuss general market implications.
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I,” “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. For more information see Differences Between First and Third Person.
See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13 and 14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” on the TLC portal. All research should be cited in the body of the paper. In-text citations and corresponding references should be included in your paper. The use of direct quotes is strongly discouraged.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (MKT301 Case1) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- A two-page paper with APA citations (2-3 sentence introduction, body, 2-3 sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format (see specific research requirements)
At Trident University International, rubrics are used for grading. These rubrics specify the points available for each component of an assignment. Points are earned based on the level of the work submitted. You can access the rubrics under “Assessments” above.