Write one critical paper (8 – 10 pages) and include Abstract, Outline of sections, Introduction, first 3 pages of section one and Bibliography on a separate folder please.
Follow carefully the guidelines in the Handout “Writing a Philosophy Paper.” Verify the following:
- Does your paper have an abstract?
- Does it have a clear outline and do you actually stick to the outline?
- Is your research based on at least two scholarly monographs (besides the textbooks) and four scholarly articles directly relevant to your subject?
- Do you clearly indicate the purpose of your paper in the introduction?
- Does the main body and the conclusion perform what you said in the introduction you would do?
- Are your arguments sound and consistent?
- Have you read your paper out loud? Proof read it and spell check it.
- As for the layout and the style, do you strictly adhere to the rules in the Kate Turabian “Manual”?
Here are 4 topics that you can choose from:
– the Catholic Just War criteria (the grounds for war criteria or the conduct of war criteria),
– the Islamic ethics of War and Peace,
– War & Peace in the Jewish tradition or
– Christian nonviolence perspectives on issues of War and Peace.