6) Stinkin’ Thinkin’ – (250 words paper)
Over the next 7 days, pay attention to:
- How often you say negative things
- “This sucks”, “this is dumb”, “I hate ______”, “FML”
- How often you think negatively of yourself:
- “I’m fat”, “I’m ugly”
- “I’m so dumb”, “I’ll never be successful”, “no one likes me”
- Each day, try to find at least one thing positive that happened or that you are grateful for. This could be anything from having a great best friend to seeing a cute dog on the way to class.
Paper: You needn’t be overly personal with the written portion. In short, what was this experience like? Were you surprised at your tendency to be a positive or negative person? If you found yourself being frequently negative, were you able to change your mindset once you noticed it?