Using the information below to write 2 different versions’ scripts. I will do the recording myself.
For this assignment, you’ll be asked to think about social responsibility and brewing. Please write and record (perform, animate, etc. the choice is yours) a 30 second public service announcement (PSA) that highlights socially responsible production and/or consumption of beer and/or the brewing process.
Your PSA should focus on generating awareness about mindful consumption of beer, or promoting the virtues of sustainable brewing practice and responsible product marketing.
Tips for successfully recording a PSA
- Do background research. Use course materials and resources to inform your message.
- Draft a script. Decide what points you want to highlight and how you plan to convey them. For example, it helps to use an attention-getting fact or premise to interest the reader/listener/viewer.
- Read your script and time the read. How long did it take? Did it feel rushed? Did you enunciate?
- Record your PSA.
- Review the recording. Is the delivery clear? Did you emphasize the main points? Did it feel rushed? Did you enunciate? Make notes on the first take and what to include in the final version.
- Finalize the script.
- Perform the final version
- Submit for grading.
For some inspiration, here are some PSAs from the Foundation for Advancing Alcohol Responsibility (Links to an external site.). You can also check out this PSA (Links to an external site.) using only audio on Teen Drinking and Driving.