Read the assigned articles (What Is a Computer Algorithm? and The Ant and the Grasshopper: A Fable of Algorithms) before responding to the discussion prompt.
Write algorithm using pseudocode for one of the following actions:
- Converting military time (2400 hours) to standard time (12:00)
- Counting down to a the following New Year’s eve in days, hours, minutes, and seconds
- Determining the maximum area of a field you could create with a collection of 15 fence sections, each eight feet in length.
- Prompting the user to input a set of grades and print the highest value, minimum value, and average.
Post your algorithm to the discussion topic.
- Explain why you chose the type of control structures and/or loops used in your algorithm (if-else, for, while, etc.).
- Explain how you might revise the algorithm you designed in Module Two based on any new information you learned here.