For our next project, you will write a formal report.This report will be 7-10 pages in length.This report will include a bibliography written in MLA, Chicago/Turabian, or APA format, as we will discuss in class.
To summarize, the report will include
- ¬ Title Page,
- ¬ Executive Summary, written last
- ¬ Table of Contents & Illustrations
- ¬ Report (with headings, etc.);
- ¬ Illustrations,
- ¬ Documentation Written in APA format, see OWL @ Purdue for more information
Your job is to present a formal report for other people interested in YOUR career field(My career field is Information Technology) .So, imagine yourself giving a talk to a group of first year students at a first step career seminar.
- a) Why did you choose your career field?
- b) Which career/vocation/employment is built into your DNA?
- c) Which career/vocation/employment drives your economic engine—where can you have success on a long-term basis?
Start with Jim Collins’ “Hedgehog” concept, by watching these videos
You are to use the principles and standards discussed in class to write this presentation.
The objective is to research a career field and companies/agencies that grabs your interest, and to which you can match your personal Hedgehog Concept.The report is to include prospects for this field, as found through the U. S. Government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics website’s Occupational Outlook Handbook, found at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/.
You must also include relevant historical information about the firm or agency you are researching, including stock performance, top personalities/management/products related to that
The results of this survey must be printed and included with your formal report.
Remember, this is an Upper-Division course, so I expect the utmost effort for this assignment.In short, be creative and follow the guidelines in Mindful Writing at Work, and you should do well.