Can you paraphrase and organize these point in one paragraph (half page)?
- Objection 1: since there is evil in the world and only one of the two contraries are infinite that means evil is infinite and the other (God) is destroyed altogether
- Since there is evil god does not exist
- If god existed, god would be the infinite one and evil would be destroyed altogether leaving no evil
- Reply to objection 1: god is the highest good and he allows evil to exist to bring good out of the evil
- Allows only evil to exist to produce good
- God permits the devil to have a set amount of power to cause harm on Earth, however the devil cannot exceed the evil God permits. God allows this so that we know goodness in the world. Without evil there would be no comparison to understand goodness.
Good argument: you need to have evil to appreciate the good in life
You need unhappiness to understand the true happiest, without sadness you would only know good and have nothing to compare it to