Portfolio Project Milestone Option #1: Employee Handbook Milestone
In Week 1 it was advised that you review the two Portfolio Project options, which are due by the end of the course. Please familiarize yourself with the two Portfolio Project options and submit a Word document with the following information:
- The Portfolio Project that you plan to complete
- Three references, which are cited in proper APA format, which will be used as scholarly support for your Portfolio Project submission
- Any questions, comments, or concerns that you have regarding this assignment.
The length and formatting requirements include:
- One to two pages in length and include a title page and section headers (e.g., Portfolio Project Choice; Questions, Comments, and Concerns; References).
- Formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Cite a minimum of three sources, which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations. The CSU-Global library is a great place to find these resources.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR HANDBOOK IDEAS
Portfolio Project : Employee Handbook
Throughout this course, we have reviewed the importance of ethical behavior and diversity, as related to HR policies, procedures, training, organizational culture, etc. For the past eight weeks, a number of topics have been discussed, which should assist each of you in further understanding the importance of HRM in creating a culture of success. For your Final Portfolio Project, you will utilize the knowledge gained throughout this course to complete an Employee Handbook for a company in which you hope to start up.
This Employee Handbook should be modeled after the one created by the National Federation of Independent Businesses (Links to an external site.). Within your handbook, you must include the following sections:
- Welcome section
- Workplace Commitments (specifying information on inclusion and team building)
- Disciplinary Policy (in terms of ethical behavior and anti-discriminatory practices)
- Acknowledgment of Receipt.
Each section should be thorough. Within the various sections provided in your Employee Handbook, you must justify your rationale for specific points through the utilization of scholarly research and state and federal laws. This is your opportunity to present your work in a detailed yet creative manner, which displays your topic knowledge.