There are two economic based questions below and I expect economic based answers. I realize there were political aspects and wrangling over these topics but I want discussions focused on economic factors. Essays and responses are not to include definitions, historical perspectives, talking points, or personal attacks. References to individual must include a title where applicable, i.e., President Clinton, not Bill Clinton; Vice President Gore, not Al Gore.
President Trump has withdrawn the United States from inclusion in the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
- What does this mean for the United States?
- What impact will this have on the remaining countries?
- What countries win; what countries lose?
- Compare and contrast some of TPP’s good and bad points.
- Would this have been a good agreement for the American worker?
- Would this have been a good agreement for the American consumer?
- How would have implementation of TPP impacted the United States balance of trade and trade deficit.
- If you were the sole decision maker for the implementation of TPP, what would you have done and why?
President Trump wants to renegotiate The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- What do you see as short-term and long-term trade effects?
- Is renegotiation good for the American worker?
- Is renegotiation good for the American consumer?
- How will renegotiation of NAFTA impact the United States balance of trade and trade deficit.
- How will renegotiation impact union labor?
- How will renegotiation impact employment?
- What sectors will be benefited?
- What sectors will be impacted?
- If you were the sole decision maker for the possible renegotiation of NAFTA, what would you do and why?