There are 9 topics below, you can choose one that you like of them, and write about that topic!
1. Water conservation in hotels and restaurants – Explain what can be done to conserve water in hotels and/or restaurants.
2. Guestroom technologies – Includes smart cards, phone, cable, entertainment and locking systems, room selection and personalization. Give examples and include the technical aspects of installation and cost factors.
3. Crisis management planning – Discuss the types of disasters facing hotels and the type of planning hotels must do to prepare for, deal with, and recover from a crisis situation.
4. Recycling in the hospitality industry – Give examples of how a hospitality property can implement a recycling program and include the costs and benefits of such a program.
5. Energy Audit – Investigate the level of energy usage at a hospitality property. Conduct an energy audit, describe how to implement an energy conservation program, and include the costs and benefits of such a program.
6. Green Certifications – Explain Green Certifications and trends in the hospitality industry. Give examples of hospitality operations who are leading the efforts. Explain the future of Green Hotels/ Restaurants.
7. ADA and its effects on the hospitality industry – What must properties do to comply and what are the costs associated with compliance.
8. New trends in kitchen designs – Include the basics of kitchen design as well as equipment trends. Provide one or two case examples.
9. The concerns and problems with hotel or restaurant renovation – Present one or two cases for a typical renovation process.
If you choose one topic, please write essay with below formatting
· Microsoft Word, 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with 1-inch margins.
· 8 ½ x 11 paper, portrait orientation
· Do not include extra white space just to “fill the page”. It is better to have 1/2 page properly formatted than a full page with extra spacing. Do not leave large spaces between sections.
· Any item with more than 3 words quoted from another source must be in quotes and referenced with author and page number. Copying material greater than 30 words is not permitted, even with a citation. Failure to follow this guideline will be considered plagiarism and reported to Student Affairs.
· If need, use headings and subheadings to organize information. No “lone headings”, i.e., a heading on one page with its contents on the next. Move the heading to the next page. The same goes for bullets (move a “lone bullet” to the page where its “siblings” reside).
· Be objective, not conversational. Avoid use of the word “I” and do not use contractions.
· Check grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
· References must be in APA format
PLEASE PLEASE! FOLLOW ALL THE DIRECTIONS ABOVE.
Here is the Rublric as well
1) Title (up to 5 points) – Includes descriptive of work performed so that readers can infer its purpose – Includes a cover sheet with student name, NSHE#, correct section number, and selected topic
2) Purpose (up to 20 points) – Clearly demonstrates research topics – Provides adequate direction for the paper with some degree of interest for the reader
3) Content (up to 70 points) – Information relates and stays to the main topic – Information is well researched in detail – References venue or facility to support research findings
4) Organization (up to 30 points) – Demonstrates logical and subtle sequencing of ideas through well-developed paragraphs – Ideas and information are arranged logically, flow smoothly, with a strong progression of thought from paragraph to paragraph
5) Writing quality (up to 15 points) – Follows proper layout; free of grammar, punctuation, spelling or citation errors – Writing is clear and relevant; states concisely – For assistance with writing and/or properly citing references, please visit the UNLV Writing Center
6) Sources (up to 10 points) – Provides compelling and accurate information to support in-depth the central position – Includes at least 2 sources in research paper, not including the course textbook – Acceptable references can be found in the periodicals, newspapers, books, articles, and company literature (Wikipedia is not an acceptable source)
PLEASE PLEASE follow all the rubric as well!!