For this paper you must choose a terrorist group that is a threat to society. For example you can use the IRA- the irish terrorism group.
The student will be required to focus and analyze on a current terrorist threat or issue that can pose an immediate threat to our homeland. This paper should analyze best/smart practices that are measurable, effective, and are being utilized domestically or abroad to prevent acts of terrorism from being executed on our soil. This paper will be a thorough analysis and provide an argumentative piece of why the counter terrorism measure is a best/smart practice.
- Terrorist threat that you are researching
- Your name
- Institution (Monmouth University)
Abstract limited to 100 words (page 2)
- Think of your abstract as a roadmap of what you discovered about this terrorist threat and the measures that can be taken to combat this threat (discussed in class)
Sectioned Body should be approximately (3-8) pages in length refer to Terrorist Concept Guide for body content
Conclusion must connect to your introduction paragraph. It must be based on reasonable evidence, connected to clear, traceable, and clear-eyed thinking
References should be at least 5 quality sources (APA6 2.11)
- 1. Identify a current terrorist threat to our country. This can be a domestic or international threat to our society. This threat can be imposed by a group, movement, or ideology.
- 2. Describe how this threat can impact our way of living in a free state. This threat can impact us in a number of ways through loss of human life, economic loss, living in fear, structural and technological impact.
- 3. Describe how the homeland security / law enforcement community can implement a best /smart practice to defend against this threat and improve our combative and preventative strategies against the faceless threat of terrorism.
4. Conclude with why this best / smart practice can enhance our counter terrorism strategy.