Plz write about surrealism.
To be handed in on the due date in class. 10 pages (2500 words) of text (excluding bibliography, and addenda for illustrations) typed and double-spaced with 1 inch margins, 12 point font (i.e. New Times Roman) or a font no smaller than what’s on this page.
• This well-written research essay should be on a subject relevant to the class content (weekly slides, readings, or referenced in the bibliography). The topic chosen should not be too general in scope. It should focus on a subject, which allows the student to cover the material in a succinct manner given the short format. This can be a series of works by one artist, an aspect of a movement, an interesting phenomenon common to a group of works. The student must keep the professor informed as to the progress of the research paper and is required to submit a preliminary outline and bibliography before reading week. Please make reference to the critical tools, issues, theorists, writers, and approaches addressed in class and/or in the required readings. The bibliography (or list of works cited) should have ten (10) scholarly sources (such as journal articles or exhibition catalogues), and make reference to the required readings. There should be a minimum of ten texts cited. The texts in the course pack should be cited and additional outside research is expected. Web-sources should be scholarly in nature.
• The text should be well-edited and composed: with introduction including thesis statement with clear indication of author, topic, analysis of the artwork(s), statement of your own point . of view, and conclusion.
• Correct scholarly format necessary for citations (footnotes and bibliography). Students should work with the Chicago Style Guide, available in bookstores, on the web, and in the reference section of the library.
• WEB SOURCES Only scholarly journal articles available on the U. of Ottawa database, i.e. JStor or Sage are fine.
• Illustrations necessary. Paper copies only, no e-mail submissions. Late papers downgraded 5% per day. Style guide examples please refer to the SASS (Student Academic Success) website, where you will find three style guides. Choose Chicago Manual of Style Guide. You will find other useful information on how to improve your writing skills with helpful suggestions regarding grammar and punctuation.