You should upload two PowerPoint presentations and 1 word document when complete
Unit 5 and 6 correlate with the presentations I attached
Art Gallery: Critique
For Unit V of the art gallery presentation, you will again be adding to your PowerPoint presentation.
For this segment, you will be adding a critique of your gallery pieces and explaining how and if they fit into each of the art criticism theories discussed in this course. Art Criticism theories (formal, contextual, and expressive) help art historians and critics categorize art. An artwork will not represent a theory, but a theory can lead to a better understanding of the artwork.
- Begin by reviewing your Unit IV feedback and making any necessary revisions.
- Next, research the three art criticism theories listed in Chapter 5 of your textbook and the Unit V Lesson. Be sure to use APA format.
- Use the template slides labeled “Art Criticism Theories.”
- Complete three (3) slides, one for each of the art criticism theories: formal, contextual, and expressive
For each slide, address the following:
- Describe the art criticism theory.
- Tell why you feel this theory is the best fit for the artwork.
- Tell how the theory explains one of your gallery artworks.
- Explain how the purpose and structure of the work relate to this theory.
- Please submit your full presentation thus far, which should include the previous updated segments and the segment for this unit.
For the Unit VII Essay, you will visit an art museum of your choice. You may visit one in person or take a virtual tour via the Internet. Below is a list of museums that offer virtual tours that you may want to review for this assignment. Please note that you are not limited to this list:
- National Gallery of Art
- The National Gallery
You may select a virtual tour from this list or use the list included under the Websites tab in the Art Appreciation Libguide in the CSU Library at this link. Please include the name and location of your museum in your introductory paragraph.
For this essay, write about two artworks from the periods we read about in Unit VII: Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionist, or Post-Impressionist periods.
For each piece, address the following:
- Include the title, artist, date, medium, and scale.
- Describe the artwork.
- Describe the artist’s role in his or her society/community.
- What do you think is the artist’s message?
- What are the cultural significances of this piece?
- What historical elements are included in this piece?
Your essay will be at least five pages in length and include the following:
- Title page (1 page)
- Written Essay (2 pages)
- Image(s) (1 page)
- References (1 page)
Art Gallery: Commentary
For Unit VIII, the last segment of your art gallery course project, you will be adding a comprehensive statement to your PowerPoint presentation and finalizing your segments from the previous units. You will submit the entire presentation, including those portions from previous units, for a final grade.
Begin by reviewing your Unit VI feedback and making any necessary revisions. In your comprehensive statement, present the last words on your art gallery. Summarize your thoughts and convey the larger implications of your art gallery. This is an opportunity to succinctly answer the so what? question by placing the presentation within the context of research about the topic you have investigated. Be sure to demonstrate the importance of your ideas. Do not be shy. The comprehensive statement offers you a chance to elaborate on the significance of your findings.
For this segment, use the slides in the art gallery template labeled “Comprehensive Statement.” A minimum of three PowerPoint slides are required; however, you are welcome to add as many as you feel you need. You may include more than one idea on each slide, but please do not overload the slides with information.
Be sure to address the following in your comprehensive statement:
- Describe what you learned about art in general.
- Describe what you learned about the art criticism theory.
- Describe what you learned about art’s role in society.
- Citations and references are not a requirement for this section, but if you choose to use outside sources, they must be cited and referenced accordingly.
- Although you do not need to add any new sources for the commentary section, you will need to ensure all APA guidelines are followed for the presentation as a whole.