Option #1: Precision Machining, Inc. – Inbox Exercise
Precision Machining, Inc., is committed to providing customers with high-quality design, development, and production services to meet their unique demands. With over 65 years of combined experience, Precision Machining, Inc., is in a unique position to meet all customers’ needs for prototype design and production services including machining, welding, fabrication, testing, engineering, forming, assembly, and certification. We specialize in stainless steel but also work with many other materials, including specialty plastics and composites.
- You are Taylor McIntyre, former assistant human resource (HR) manager. You have just been promoted to HR manager, replacing Paul Spears, who retired rather suddenly due to a health condition. Your first day on the job, you find the following emails in your inbox, some dating back to before Paul left. Use the “Option 1 Five Emails” link attached at the bottom of this assignment to read the five emails.
- Read through all five emails, and then submit paper to address how you would handle the issues presented.
- What would your response be to each?
- What factors and concerns guide your responses?
- What short-term and long-term action steps would you plan to take to resolve the issues?
Your responses and action plans should consider all elements of the performance management process (Aguinis, 2013, p. 39). Paper requirements:
- The paper should be up to 12 pages in length (not counting the title or , which you must include).
- You must include a minimum of five scholarly sources, properly cited and referenced. You may use readings for the course, with the exception of the textbook. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.
Format your paper according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.