Choose a side and will prepare context supporting their respective positions to be presented in the form of a persuasive essay. Prepare a 2-3 page paper addressing the task below. You may format your position using a bulleted list, paragraphs, or a combination of both. APA formatting is not required but your paper should reflect cohesive thoughts.
1. Review Susan’s Story. Discuss your thoughts regarding the impact of DV (intimate partner violence), and its impact on child welfare.
2. Choose a side:
- Agency collaboration would be beneficial in this case.
- Agency collaboration isn’t beneficial in this case.
3. Explain your choice.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses associated with your choice? (Funding, agency influence, policies, politics?)
- What are two (2) suggestions for how the issues described in the video could be addressed?
For further guidelines on your paper, refer to the Debate Rubric
- Domestic Violence PowerPoint This PowerPoint presentation was created by Noelle Sincere Duckworth, formerly of the Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence (Used by permission)
- Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) This site defines Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) and includes information from data sources, to IPV prevention strategies.
- Violence Prevention This site explains the history of Violence Prevention, through the CDC. It includes information about different approaches and models used to develop strategic directions to address this issue.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention This site defines Child Maltreatment and includes information from data sources, to child maltreatment prevention strategies.