Attached is rubric, the worksheet to fill out and my first journal entry with teacher feedback to use as reference.
Prompt: Complete the Milestone One Worksheet and use your answers to draft a paragraph for each of the sections below. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
- Introduction: To begin your essay, you will formally introduce your real-world topic. As the foundation of your paper, your introduction should engage the audience and establish any necessary background.
- Provide a brief overview of the topic. For example, you might consider the premise of the conversation and why the topic is being discussed.
- Describe any personal connection you have to the topic. Why is the topic of particular interest to you?
- Presented Argument: In this section, you will explore the argument in your chosen artifact. You will uncover the logical structure of the argument and investigate any bias behind its claims.
- Describe the argument made by the artifact.
- Identify key facts, research, or resources the argument is based on. Provide specific examples to support your identification.
- Describe the logic and reasoning used to advance the argument and any gaps or weaknesses present. Consider the premises and conclusionadvanced in the artifact, and the questions that are left unanswered.