Course Recap / Earthquakes and Natural Disasters
Step 1: Submit a post to at least one of the topics below by 11:59 pm on Thursday. You will receive a grade for your discussion post, and each post must have a minimum of 100 words. Please proofread your discussion post before submitting it to the board.
(1) GEOL 101
- What was one of the most interesting things that you learned from the textbook?
- What was one of the most interesting things that you learned in lab?
- What are some questions that you still have about geology as we get to the end of the class?
(2) Earthquakes and Natural Disasters
- Briefly describe a natural disaster that you either have experienced or have otherwise heard about, such as an earthquake, landslide, volcanic eruption, flood, or hurricane. Was it a first-hand experience for you?
- What were geological factors in the natural disaster?
- When and where did it happen?
- How did it impact people in that area?
- How could information about the geology of the area have helped to minimize damage from the natural disaster?