29 Oct 2020
- Briefly describe the essential elements of forecasting the supply of and demand for human resources.
- Before the recruiting process can begin, an organization should prepare a job analysis before determining job description and specifications. List the three steps in job analysis.
- Briefly describe each of these job analysis techniques:
- Narrative job analysis
- Task analysis inventory
- Functional job analysis
- Select one of the jobs listed here below. Assume you are the hiring manager and you need to add to your staff. What are three points might you include in a job description for this position?
- Retail clerk at a major department store
- Help Desk for an IT company
- Wait staff for an upscale restaurant
- Aide to military general or admiral
- Explain how organizations can temporarily increase the size of their workforce.
- Define employment-at-will. What is one exception to employment-at-will?
- There are several causes of job dissatisfaction. Identify and explain one cause of job dissatisfaction.
- Organizations recruit either internally or externally.
- Define internal and external recruiting.
- Describe one situation where internal recruiting would be better.
- Describe one situation where external recruiting would be better.
- List and describe the three general steps in the selection process.
- The final step in the recruiting process is to make a decision about which applicant to select. Explain why using multiple indicators should be used in making the final decision. Explain how job analyses are important to the decision process.