I have an assighement
due date 3/15/18 it a nursing paper
A genogram is a picture display of an individual’s family relationships and medical history. It helps a person visualize the heredity patterns that may predispose him or her to certain chronic illness and psychological factors. Genograms can serve as a quick and useful reference to evaluate health risk. The knowledge of diseases and conditions that occur within a family can provide useful information that may aid in a swift, accurate diagnosis and treatment of health problems. A genogram can contain a wealth of information on the families represented. It will show the names of people who belong to a particular family lineage and how those relatives are related to each other. The symbols included in a genogram are the date of birth and the date of death, with the name of the individual underneath. The inside of the symbol will hold the person’s current age. This diagram can also depict social and emotional relationships. Refer to examples of genograms in your reading and in this guide.
Working with the individual and family from last week, assess the individual’s health history and create a genogram of at least three generations. After the genogram image is created, provide a summary of your assessment findings regarding health problems, patterns of diseases or behaviors that impact health, and possible genetic or hereditary health problems. Additionally, document the findings of a comprehensive health and wellness assessment of one member of the family.
For this assignment, you will develop a genogram of a family and a comprehensive health and wellness assessment on one of the family members. Include the following:
- The genogram should include 3 generations.
- Click here to read directions to gain an understanding of how to create the genogram.
- Document the findings of a comprehensive health and wellness assessment of one member of the family.
Use this Genogram Example and Instructions to complete the assignment.
- Provide a summary of your findings, including health and behavioral patterns and possible genetic or hereditary health problems.
- Provide a summary of your findings of a comprehensive health and wellness assessment of one member of the family.
- You must save and submit your assignment as a PDF or Word document. Do not save your document in the template program.