18 Oct 2020
- A key characteristic of an effective manager is good interpersonal skills. Among the interpersonal skills that must be built are: motivation, communication, effective confrontation, coaching and development. Describe the importance of each of these interpersonal skills for a manager.
- A commonly used acronym for goal setting is SMART. Goals must be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound. Describe a professional goal that you have set listing how it fits into the SMART categories.
- Describe how the decisions managers make differ based on the level of the position such as supervisor, mid-level manager and senior manager.
- A common tool used in strategic planning is the S.W.O.T. analysis. Pick a company you are familiar with and complete a SWOT analysis for it describing 5 each of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- How can a SWOT analysis help a company develop a strategic plan that will be successful?
- Describe the four functions of management. What role do these play in the strategic decision making process?
- Describe the four key elements of a good performance appraisal.
- Many factors can lead to a company failing. Discuss the external conditions that can occur that would hinder the success of a company.
- Discuss your understanding of the POWER SWOT. How can this method increase the effectiveness of a strategic plan?