In their article “The 6 Fundamental Skills Every Leader Should Practice” Ashkenas and Manville list the following essential skills:
1. Shape a vision that is exciting and challenging for your team (or division/unit/organization).
2. Translate that vision into a clear strategy about what actions to take, and what not to do.
3. Recruit, develop, and reward a team of great people to carry out the strategy.
4. Focus on measurable results.
5. Foster innovation and learning to sustain your team (or organization) and grow new leaders.
6. Lead yourself — know yourself, improve yourself, and manage the appropriate balance in your own life.
Discuss how what you have learned in this course is related to or could help a leader practice these essential skills. Explain how.
 Ashkenas, Ron; Manville, Brook. Harvard Business Review Digital Articles. 10/24/2018, p1-4. 4p