For this question I am willing to pay up to $40. I need this completed by 12/28/17 at midnight!
Examine the legal and ethical implications of medical malpractice. Read the case study on John Parker on pages 245-247 in Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Law and Ethics. Submit a 4 to 5 page report to the chief executive officer for Littleville Family Health Plan, a managed care organization (MCO), to assist them in gaining a better understanding of what occurred and the legal implications for the organization.
Your report should address the following substantive requirements:
- Description of what occurred, who was affected, and why
- Assess the case from the following perspectives:Ethical – identify the ethical principles involved in this situation from the perspective of the patient (John Parker), physician (Dr. Green), and the organization (Littleville Family Health Plan).
- Legal – what are the legal implications and what laws or statutes were involved?
- Provide two recommendations for how to manage this case from the perspective of the healthcare organization. What could have been done to prevent this situation?
- Recommend next steps to manage this case by the MCO.
Your report should meet the following structural requirements:
- Be 4 to 5 pages in length, not including the cover or reference page.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work.Introduction
Activity 10.1: John Parker