You are the newly appointed director of the Agile County Airport System. The characteristics of your organization include:
- It is a Local Government Department
- Consists of 4 Airports – International, Mather, Executive, Franklin Field
- There are 400 employees at all four airports
- The airport board of directors has decided to move to an Agile Lean process for all projects.
You quickly recognize that you need to undertake a cultural transformation in order for the Agile Lean process to take hold. The current organization has the following culture characteristics:
- No Mission Statement
- No Sense of Direction
- Militaristic/Top-Down Leadership Model
- No Accountability
- No Communication
- Staff focused on Empire Building
- Organization Viewed Itself as Regulators
- Focused on catching people doing something wrong
- Publicly Belittled
- Focus on “Turf”
- Process Oriented
- Problem Oriented
- Growth Without a Long-Term Plan
- Employees Not Engaged
- The staff consists mostly of generalists
The board of directors has asked you to prepare an overview presentation for their next meeting on your ideas for an organizational culture transformation plan. To complete this assignment you are to design a 5 to 10 slide PowerPoint presentation with notes, that addresses the following key elements:
- What makes up organizational culture?
- What do you see as the benefits of a culture transformation
- What would your Culture Transformation Plan consist of? Describe the high-level steps you would take to accomplish this transformation.
- What questions would you ask to help in defining a new culture?
- What characteristics would you envision the “new” organizational culture to exhibit? Develop a list based upon the current organizational culture