Last week, in Module 3, an introduction to Foucault’s studies of discourse (as cited in Hook, 2001) [recommended reading] and Western’s (2013) [required reading] explanation of The Four Discourses of Leadership provided a foundation on which to deepen understanding of Controller Leadership, Therapist Leadership, Messiah Leadership, and Eco-Leadership Discourse.
Our discussion this week expands upon Western’s exploration of the Four Discourses and provides an opportunity to collaborate and expand our collective knowledge.
This assignment asks you to develop a slide presentation for an original post .
- For your original post, develop a slide presentation of six slides (using PowerPoint) according to the Therapist Leadership Discourse
- The audience for the slide presentation is composed of student scholars exploring contemporary leadership.
- Proceed to the CSU-Global Library to gather scholarly articles on the assigned discourse. Then prepare the presentation to include:
- Slide 1: Title page, introduction, and purpose statement
- Slide 2: Definition of terms and examples of how the assigned discourse may be illuminated in modern organizations
- Slides 3 and 4: Overview of two current (published within the last three years), relevant, scholarly research articles associated with the assigned discourse. The audience should be able to understand the study’s purpose, methods, and findings at a minimum
- Slide 5: Conclusions on the relevance of the discourse in modern organizations (based on data and your analysis)
- Slide 6: References.
- Format your presentation, including your in-text citations and subsequent references slide, according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Textbook – Second Edition Leadership: A Critical Text by Simon Western – Chapter 10 – Therapist Leadership Discourse –
- Hook, D. (2001). Discourse, knowledge, materiality, history: Foucault and discourse analysis. London: LSE Research Online. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-0-230-59232-2_4