Option #2: Review of PERT and Critical Path Analysis
Using past course texts, current suggested readings, and other scholarly resources, write an overview of a PERT analysis and calculate the critical path based on a recent project you have participated in.
The review of the PERT analysis should include the following:
- Define PERT and why it is used.
- Differentiate between Activity on Node and Activity on Arrow.
- Define the forward and backward pass method for calculating critical path.
- Define burst, merge, and slack.
The PERT analysis of your project should include:
- An initial WBS of your project that has no less than 4-5 major tasks.
- Each major task should have several subtasks.
- The critical path calculation.
- The identification of any tasks that have slack.
Lastly, conclude with a summary of importance of a PERT and a critical path analysis in project management.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 3 pages in length.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.
- Include two scholarly sources. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources.