POSITION PAPER: POWER, POLITICS,AND CULTUREDue Week 8, worth 250 pointsPower and politics greatly influence an organization’s culture. In business, the culture can make or break an organization’s
POSITION PAPER: POWER, POLITICS,
Due Week 8, worth 250 points
Power and politics greatly influence an organization’s culture. In business, the culture can make or break an organization’s productivity. In this assignment, you’ll analyze the ways power and politics have influenced an organization’s culture. You’ll apply best practices you learned in course resources and your own research to make recommendations for improving this
Using the same organization from the first two assignments, imagine the CEO has now requested your task force investigate the influence of power and politics on the corporate culture. You have been asked to prepare a position paper that presents and supports your recommendations to
improve the culture.
Prepare for this assignment by delving into the organization’s culture and identi- fying the resources you, the task force leader, will use to create your research-supported position paper. Use at least two quality resources such as the course textbook, company website, business websites (CNBC, Bloomberg, etc.), resources from the Strayer Library, and/or outside sources.
Note: Wikipedia and web-based blogs do not qualify as credible resources.
Develop your position paper, addressing the following components:
1. Influence of Politics and PowerExplain how politics and power-play may have influenced the organization’s culture.
2. Sources of PowerExplore the sources of power and describe how management could use this influence to benefit your department and improve organizational performance.
3. Leadership Behavior and CultureMake recommendations that support how the study of power and politics could influence leadership behavior and improve the organization’s culture.
4. Leadership InfluenceDiscuss the importance and complexity of leadership behavior. How does it influence organizational structure and performance?
5. Executive SummaryPrepare an executive summary that presents your recommendations for ways in which the organization could build a stronger culture. Note: An executive summary is a condensed version of your full report. It should summarize briefly all the main points in concise paragraphs. It should be written clearly and should uselanguage appropriate for the audience.
PROFESSIONAL AND APA FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
Your assignment must follow these general APA formatting requirements:
Be typed (five to seven pages recommended, excluding cover and reference pages), double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sidesInclude a References List
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date Include in-text citations following APA style, using attributive tags and signal verbs
Cite at least two credible sources