Essay World Class Contracting
Submit this assessment as one comprehensive document of no less than 500 words using APA style. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. You must also use one outside source. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
Answer the following four questions:
- Please discuss the RFP you have selected to work with during the class and why you made the specific choice (what interests you about the RFP you chose)?
- Since you are acting as the contractor who has won the bid for the RFP you selected, please list at least six strategies you will use in order to build trust between you and your client (hint: there is a table on page 14 of the textbook). Do not copy items on this list. Select six (or more) specific activities and relate them to the RFP you have chosen.
- Managing expectations up front is important (this is a communication process). Discuss the tactics you will use in order to manage expectations with your client given the RFP you have chosen.
- Conduct an internet search for one of the following examples of poor procurement.
a. The Chicago Parking Meter Fiasco
b. Darleen Druyun and Boeing
c. Channel Tunnel, Eurotunnel, Chunnel
What was the situation, and what would you have done as the procurement manager to avoid it? What precautions can you take (relating back to the RFP you have chosen) in order to prevent problems with your procurement project?
Unit II Case Study: Netbook Case and Broken Promises
Click here to retrieve the Netbook Case and Broken Promises Case Study. Read the case study and answer the following questions in detail. Submit this assessment as one comprehensive document of no less than 500 words.
- What do you believe is the best way to handle this situation if you are Nikhil? If you are Ting?
- This contract has been signed by both parties and is in the administer phase of the procurement process. How would you continue managing this relationship if you were Nikhil?
- How do you share this situation with your Project Manager, Evelyn? How do you think that the Project Manager and Nicholas could have worked better as a team? Do you think teamwork was exhibited in this situation?
- What are your next steps if you were in Nikhil’s position?
Using the RFP you have selected at the beginning of the course, answer the four questions below in detail. Submit this assessment as one comprehensive document of no less than 500 words.
1. Put together a list of labor, materials, supplies and contingency funding that is required for your selected RFP. Create a basic budget for your project. Since the project is fictitious and the RFP may not contain all details, some of this information will have to be created. This can be a table inserted into the MS Word document or an excel spreadsheet copied and pasted.
2. What contract and procurement methods (i.e. competitive, non-competitive) do you feel are appropriate to solicit goods and services for your project? (Hint- Chapter 6 in the textbook outlines some of the major methods.) Justify your selection. You can use more than one method depending on the needs of your project.
3. What criteria will you use in vendor selection? List at least three criteria you will use to make your final selections once you decided on the contract procurement method(s) you will use.
4. Explain how budget planning is related risk management for the RFP you have selected.