According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business environment are mostly attributed to
unethical business practices, failure to embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among
businesses. Use the Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of one (1) of the following
Next, use the Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of two (2) similar companies in the same
industry as the company you have chosen.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Specify, in brief, the nature, structure, types of products or service of the business you selected.
Examine the information within the company’s code of ethical conduct, and choose three (3) key
issues from within the document that you believe are critical for success. Provide a rationale for
2. Using the three (3) key issues you selected as a benchmark, compare and contrast the codes of
conduct of two (2) similar companies within the same industry as your chosen company.
3. Examine the extent to which the two (2) similar companies you researched have addressed the
key issues you selected. Hypothesize two (2) potential positive outcomes for each company if
each addresses the key issues in question and two (2) potential adverse effects if each company
fails to address these issues.
4. Propose two (2) techniques that the original company you selected could use in order to ensure
that its code of conduct will remain relevant through years of changing economic, political, social,
cultural, and technological forces on business and society. Next, evaluate the effectiveness of two
(2) methods that the company currently adopts in order to manage environment issues.
5. Examine two (2) approaches that the original company you selected has taken in order to
embrace technological advancements for innovation and thus improve business offerings.
Anticipate three (3) potential technological challenges the company could face, and recommend
one (1) strategy that the company could use in order to eliminate or minimize each of these
6. Specify at least one (1) one lobbying strategy that the original company you selected has used in
an effort to influence national or local government decisions in its favor. Summarize the issue in
question, and ascertain whether or not the lobbying effort was appropriate. Justify the response.
7. Analyze two (2) global corporate citizenship efforts of the original company you selected, and
assess the extent to which these efforts are effective in accomplishing the company’s goals.
Examine the manner in which the two (2) global citizenship efforts could contribute significantly to
the company’s sustainable development goals.
8. Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces
on business and society.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.