Using the Meredith and Mantel textbook, Project Management: A Managerial Approach, review Chapter 2, “Strategic
Management and Project Selection,” Pan-Europa Case Study, pp. 82-89. Once you have reviewed the case study, prepare a minimum of 600 words in length defending your response to the following questions:
· Strategically, what must Pan-Europa do to keep from becoming the victim of a hostile takeover? What should
· Pan-Europa do now that they have won the price war? Who should lead the way for Pan-Europa?
· Using net present value (NPV), conduct a straight financial analysis of the investment alternatives and rank the
· projects. Which NPV of the three should be used? Why? Suggest a way to evaluate the effluent project.
· What aspects of the projects might invalidate the ranking you just derived? How should we correct for each
· investments time, value of money, unequal lifetimes, riskiness, and size?
Lastly, reflect on the assignment and come up with a view on the screens and criteria to be used for the project selection process. Apply the criteria and make a project selection.
Your assignment must:
· Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations
· and references must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment (Unit II Case Study), the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.