All information about the assignment is below. Any questions let me know?
The link to the sourcebook: http://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/modsbook.asp
The link to JSTOR: http://depts.gpc.edu/library/
the galileo password is COMFORT
Primary Source Assignment #2
For this assignment you will again be required to use the Internet History Sourcebook. This sourcebook is compiled by Fordham University and offers a wealth of primary source documents that are available right online.
The link to the sourcebook is provided for you in the Week 10 Learning Module. This link will take you to the Modern History page of the Sourcebook. Please read the following instructions carefully.
1) First, read Chapter 23 in the textbook.
2) Then, using the link, choose a primary source document to discuss. Note: there are A LOT of primary sources. Try to choose one that relates to something you have read in the textbook.
Women in the War
The End of WWI
3) For the second part of the assignment, you will access JSTOR, the academic journal database. This database is accessible through the library webpage. In this database, choose an article that relates to the topic of the primary source you chose.
4) Your submission should be 1-2 pages in length. You MUST include all citation information for the primary source and the JSTOR article in your assignment. I am not concerned with the format of your citations– I just need to be able to see where they came from 🙂
The main objective for this Primary Source Assignment is that you become familiar with the Internet Sourcebook, and JSTOR– these are incredibly valuable resources. Do not get overwhelmed with the number of primary sources or the number of articles on the database. Choose your sources and then briefly tell me about them. You can be informal, but you should be mindful of using quotation marks for direct quotes. Otherwise, I am not requiring the use of citations within your paper.
Let me know if you have any questions at all, or you need some help finding a primary source or an article from the database. This assignment will introduce you to these resources, and remember, this is not a formal paper.
This assignment is worth 20 points, not the usual 10 points 🙂
3) This second primary source assignment is identical to the first. PLEASE make sure that you include the full citation information, including a link, for each source you choose. You are not required to include formal citations throughout your paper, however, direct quotes MUST be in quotation marks.