24 Nov 2019
Formative and summative assessments are used to check for student understanding, skill development, and mastery of material. Being able to identify the characteristics and purpose of each kind of assessment assists in the ability to choose the proper assessment type at the most appropriate time.
Create a 12-15 slide digital presentation on assessments for a presentation to your colleagues. The presentation should include:
- Description of the purpose and characteristics of each assessment type.
- Two examples of each assessment type.
- One advantage and one disadvantage for using technology with each type of assessment.
- How teachers align assessments to objectives.
- How data gathered from these assessments would be utilized in the lesson planning process.
- Using your Topic 2 assignment, describe one formative and one summative assessment that aligns to the assignment’s standard and learning objective.
- A title slide, reference slide, and presenter’s notes.
The digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your presentation with 2-3 scholarly resources.