For this task, you will assume the role of an education professional. Then, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation that is suitable for a faculty audience. Your goal of the presentation is to increase faculty understanding about the following:
- The meaning of:
- Exceptional students
- Special education
- Related services
- Historical factors affecting special education services
- The difference between litigation and legislation
- The intent of:
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (PL93-112, Section 504)
- Education for All Handicapped Children Act (PL94-142)
- EHA Amendments (PL99-457)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (PL101-476)
- Reauthorization of IDEA 1997 (PL105-17)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (PL101-336)
- No Child Left Behind Act (PL107-110)
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (PL108-446)
- Brief application of the provisions and requirements of IDEA:
- Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE)
- Child Find
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- Procedural Guidelines to include Due Process
- Evaluation Procedures
- Transition from Part C to Preschool Programs
- Participation in Assessments
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Highly Qualified Teachers
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least 5 scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12 – 15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Upload your presentation and click the Submit to Dropbox button.
Due DateNov 10, 2019 11:59 PM